Edmonds Auto License Agency

  • Need a Form?

    Print out a form or an application before hand and bring it into our office.Read More

  • Online Renewals

    Want to save a trip? Find out how to renew your vehicle's registration online.Read More

  • Directions

    New to the area? Find out where we are and how to get here.Read More


These permits can be obtained at our office.

  • 3 - Day Trip Permits These permits can be used to move any unlicensed vehicle for 3 consecutive days on Washington roads. They are issued blank for you to fill out when you are ready to use. Photo ID is all that is required.
  • 2 Day Transit Permits This permit is restricted to take a vehicle to emission testing, WA state patrol or to get a certified weight slip. To purchase this permit, you need the vehicle registration, title or VIN/plate number to look up vehicle. You will also need to know the specific days the vehicle is to be moved.
  • Forms and Applications

  • Vehicle Title Application This form is used to apply for a Certificate of Ownership (title) in your name(s). Use this form if you have purchased or acquired a vehicle from someone other than a licensed Washington vehicle dealer. Bring the Vehicle Title Application and ownership documents to Edmonds Auto License. If the application is signed in the presence of a licensing agent, notarization is not required. The licensing agent can certify your signature(s). All individuals to be shown as registered owners must sign the application. You will be charged various fees and taxes based on the type of transaction involved.
  • Release of Interest/Power of Attorney Form This form is used to release interest in a vehicle and/or to authorize another person to sign documents on your behalf that may be necessary to secure or release a Washington Certificate of Ownership (title).
  • It may also be used to allow someone to move a personalized plate that is in your name onto a vehicle that is not. In this case, you need only write the personalized plate number in the "vehicle plate number" box.
  • If the form is signed in the presence of a licensing agent, notarization is not required. The licensing agent can certify your signature(s). All legal and registered shown on the Certificate of Ownership are required to sign. Please contact Edmonds Auto License if you have questions or would like fee information.
  • Declaration of Buyer/Seller This form is used when a vehicle purchase price is more than $2000 below the Department of Revenue's computed Fair Market Value. This form must have original signatures from both the buyer and the seller where indicated to be accepted.
  • Odometer Disclosure FormThis form is not available for download. It is a secure serialized form available at Edmonds Auto License.
  • Personalized License Plate Application Use this form to mail to Olympia to apply for personalized plates. Plates are available for passenger vehicles, motorcycles, trailers and campers. The personalized plate will replace your existing vehicle license plates and the same expiration will be assigned. Contact Edmonds Auto License for current application fees.
  • A personalized license plate renewal fee of $32 will be charged in addition to the regular yearly registration fee, even if the vehicle is not being used on the road. Failure to renew the personalized plate, including payment of the renewal fee, will result in the cancellation and possible loss of the license plate.
  • NOTE: Issuance of a personalized plate does not extend your existing registration period. You will benefit the most by renewing your licensing before applying for a personalized plate if it is nearing expiration. The $32 renewal fee applies whether you pay the initial personalized plate fee one month or 11 months before expiration of your current registration.
  • Out of Area Emissions Exemption Use this form if your vehicle is out of the emissions testing area when your renewal becomes due.